- Information We Collect
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Social Media Services
- Opting Out of Communications
- Other Important Information
- Contact Us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect various types of information from you depending on how you interact with our site, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We may receive and store information that you provide to us voluntarily when you visit our site. For example, we may receive information from you when you register for an account or use any of our online tools (e.g., Testimonials); subscribe to an electronic newsletter; send us a question or comment; post a photograph or video; enter or respond to a survey, contest, sweepstakes or other promotional program; or otherwise provide information directly to us. Examples of the information that we may collect from you include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Age or date of birth
- Username and/or password
- Payment information (e.g., credit card) when making a transaction
- Marital status
- Number and age or date of birth of your children
- Demographic information
- Preferences (e.g., on foods/recipe interests, website usage, grocery store chains, etc.)
If you choose to share information about yourself in a public forum, such as through a social media platform like Facebook or Twitter, or in any user-generated content area of our site, we consider that information to be public and not private. Others with access may read, collect and use that information. You assume the risk that your information may be read, collected and shared by such other parties.
Information We Automatically Collect From You
We may also permit other third parties to gather information automatically on our site for advertising purposes, as described below in Interest-Based Advertising.
Our site may collect information on your specific location to provide location-based services, such as assisting you in identifying special offers that may be of interest to you. In order for our site to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your device settings to allow the use of cell tower proximity, GPS, Wi-Fi or other similar technologies. You may opt-out of the continued collection and use of this information by adjusting the settings on your device. We have no control over your device’s settings to allow these technologies to collect and use geolocation data.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also collect similar or additional information about you from other sources, including public databases and data aggregators. This information may include purchase behavior, market research data or publicly observed data via online activities, such as blogs, social media or other user generated content sites. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you to customize and improve the relevancy of our online services to you.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- to respond to your inquiries, forward information you request and provide other customer service;
- to send you relevant administration information regarding our site;
- to supply you with newsletters, promotional emails about us and our partners, product information, event-related news and surveys and samples if you request to receive such communication from us;
- to communicate with you about our sweepstakes, contests, loyalty and rewards programs, coupons, rebates, premiums and other promotions which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information, including for the purpose of notifying you if you win;
- to identify your consumer review on our site, if you provide your information for disclosure;
- to complete a transaction and fulfill your order;
- to conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate the law or our policies;
- to target relevant advertising to you when you visit our site or other third party websites;
- to provide you with a personalized consumer experience on our site; and
- to otherwise maintain and optimize the online services our site provide to you.
We may share your information among our advertizers. We may from time to time hire third parties to perform services on our behalf and may share your information with them. These third parties are obligated to keep your information confidential and only use it as necessary to perform such services. For example, we may share your information with other agencies to help us administer a sweepstakes or other promotion; deliver content, samples, products, gifts and prizes; or provide you with customer service. When you make a purchase on our site, we may share your payment information with our online payment processor to fulfill your order. We do not rent, sell or trade your information to third-party marketers for commercial purposes without your consent.
We may also share your information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or a government request; to prevent damage or injury to us or others; or to protect our rights. For example, we reserve the right to and may disclose your information in response to requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena; to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats or other violations of our site policies or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected misconduct.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us. We have undertaken reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to the visitor data we retain. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. By using our site, you accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that your information may be intercepted in transit and agree that we will not be liable for disclosures of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. our site do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You may exercise your opt-out rights to stop receiving our promotional communications by:
- Clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any promotional electronic message from us and following the on-screen directions. If you created an online account with us, you may login to the applicable site and make changes to your communications preferences. We may still need to contact you for administrative or transactional purposes.
- You may also contact us as provided below under Contact Us to make your opt-out request. Be sure to specify the Site and how you want to change, update or limit our use of your information.
What We Collect From Children and How We Use It
We do not require children to share any personal information in order to participate on our child-directed sites. Children can surf, view content, play games and enjoy many features of our child-directed sites without providing any personal information.
We will not collect other personal information from a child, such as a postal address or telephone number, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If parent or guardian consent is required, we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the consent of the parent or guardian. We will not condition a child’s participation in any online activity on the child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in and operate that activity.
We may also collect information using automated tools solely to support the site’s internal operations, including maintaining, securing, and analyzing the functioning of the site. For example, we may collect this information to recognize returning visitors, understand and monitor usage of the site, customize content on the site, and otherwise improve performance of the site. We do not permit interest-based advertising on our site directed to children.
Special Circumstances for Information Sharing and Platform Security
We may share a child’s personal information with third parties if we are required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our site; take precautions against liability; or to respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities. We also may share personal information collected from children with vendors that perform services for us. These services may include hosting our site, providing other technical services to us, fulfilling requests, or administering promotions. Such vendors are obligated to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them. We may also share personal information if we reorganize or transfer ownership, including with those who may purchase our site assets.
Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), parents have the right to review and have their child’s personal information deleted from our records. Parents also have the right to tell us to stop collecting or using their child’s personal information. To exercise these options, parents may email, call, or write to us via the information listed in the Contact Us section below. Please reference “COPPA Information Request.”
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Links to Other Sites
United States of America